The Pharmacy is located at the Graham Street, Shepparton Campus in ‘The Hub’.
The Pharmacy provides a comprehensive service to patients of Goulburn Valley Health and supports other members of the healthcare team in all aspects of medicines management.
The main role of the hospital pharmacists and pharmacy technicians is to promote the safe and effective use of medication by:
- Working with the healthcare team to ensure the selection of the best medication at the correct dose for the appropriate duration
- Monitoring and preventing or minimising side-effects and drug interactions
- Providing medication counselling to patients
- Dispensing medications for patients in wards, the emergency department and outpatients clinics
- Manufacturing specialised medications including chemotherapy, mixtures and creams
- Offering specialized drug therapy advice to all healthcare professionals
- Providing a safe and efficient drug distribution system
- Participating in clinical trials
Dispensing and costs:
Patients will not be charged for their medications whilst in hospital.
Hospital (discharge or outpatient) or other prescriptions presented will incur a cost for the medications provided. This will usually be the equivalent of the PBS co-payment (as at community pharmacies) but may vary depending on the medication prescribed.
To qualify for concessional prices patients will need to present their Medicare Card, Healthcare Card, Veterans Affairs Card, Safety Net Card, Pensioner Concession card, or Commonwealth Seniors Card.