Service access and referral information is included in the summary of each of the GV Health’s services’ webpages.
Allied Health, Ambulatory Care and Primary Care Services
GV Health’s Service Access Unit (SAU) provides an access and referral management service for allied health, ambulatory care and primary care services.
To make a referral to any of these services, please phone 1800 222 582 or fax (03) 5832 2206.
Specialist Consulting Suites
GV Health offers a range of services at our Specialist Consulting Suites.
To ensure timely receipt and triage of referrals from GPs, we prefer to receive referrals for our Specialist Consulting Suites electronically through eReferral.
If you are not set up for eReferrals, please fax your referral to (03) 5831 6032. We do not accept referrals by email.
The Specialist Consulting Suites accept referrals for:
- Orthopaedic Services
- Orthopaedic Consultants and Fracture Clinics
- Osteoarthritis Hip and Knee Service
- Shoulder Screening
- Surgical Services (General Surgery, Ear, Nose and Throat and Urology specialities)
- Surgical Consultants
- Stomal and Wound Nurse Consultant
- Breast Care Nurses
- Paediatric Services
- Paediatric Consultants
- Behaviour and Developmental Clinics
- New Allergy Clinic
- Women’s Health Services
- Obstetric and Gynaecology Consultants
- Antenatal and Midwives Clinic
- Colposcopy and Pap Smear Clinics
- Family Planning Clinics
- General Medicine and Endocrinology
- Neurovascular Clinic/(Stroke Clinic)
- Geriatric Clinics
- Visiting monthly or quarterly services
- Genetics Counselling / Familial Cancer Clinic
- RCH Paediatric Outreach Clinics, including surgical, cardiology and oncology clinics
Aged Care Services
The Aged Care Assessment service assesses for eligibility for entry to:
- Community service options such as personal care and general home care
- Home Care Packages
- Residential care in an aged care home
- Residential respite care
- Transition Care Program
- Short term restorative care
Clients can refer themselves or be referred by a family member, carer, General Practitioner (GP) or health professional.
Referrals for an ACAS assessment can be made via My Aged Care. Please phone 1800 200 422 or apply for an assessment online.