Specialist Consulting (outpatient) clinics offer more than bulk-billing specialist appointments. In these clinics, your condition will be assessed and you will be able to discuss your treatment options.
What types of Specialist Clinics are held?
- Orthopaedic Consultants and Fracture Clinics
- Osteoarthritis Hip and Knee Service
- Shoulder Screening
Surgical Services (General Surgery, Ear, Nose and Throat and Urology specialities)
- Surgical Consultants
- Stomal and Wound Nurse Consultant
- Breast Care Nurses
- Paediatric Consultants
- Behaviour and Developmental Clinics
- New Allergy Clinic
Women’s Health Services
- Obstetric and Gynaecology Consultants
- Antenatal and Midwives Clinic
- Colposcopy and Pap Smear Clinics
Family Planning Clinics
- Medical Services
General Medicine and Endocrinology
- Neurovascular Clinic/(Stroke Clinic)
- Geriatric Clinics
- Rapid Atrial Fibrillation
- Rapid Chest Pain
- Heart Failure
- General Cardiology
- Outreach services in Rushworth and Numurkah (Monthly only)
- Gastroenterology (visiting service includes PillCam examinations)
Visiting monthly or quarterly services
- Genetics Counselling / Familial Cancer Clinic
- RCH Paediatric Outreach Clinics, including surgical, cardiology and oncology clinics
How long will my appointment take?
You will be seen in order of your appointment time.
Appointment duration and patient numbers vary, so we recommend you allow for delays. Although GV Health staff will make every attempt to provide you with an appointment in the quickest time possible, priority must be given to emergency and more urgent patients.
Failure to attend two scheduled appointments, including appointments for blood tests, x-rays and pre-admission clinics, (without prior notice and good cause), may result in you being removed from the outpatient appointment waiting list and a new referral would be required.
How do I access GV Health’s specialist consulting clinics services?
Access to GV Health’s specialist consulting clinics is via referral only. To arrange a referral, please speak to your General Practitioner (GP) or treating team.
All referrals must meet the State Wide Referral Criteria for Specialist Clinics. Incomplete referrals will be declined.