Would you like to cut back or quit smoking and/or vaping? Is it costing you a fortune? Are you worried about your health? Not sure where to start? GV Health’s Quit Smoking & Vaping Educators can help you.
What can I expect from my appointment?
Your Quit Smoking & Vaping Educator will help you to:
- Develop a plan to help you quit smoking and/or vaping
- Learn about nicotine replacement products and medications available via prescription from your doctor
- Understand why you smoke and/or vape
- Look at your past quit attempts as positive and understand that change takes time
- Connect to other helpful services as needed
- Get back on track if things don’t go to plan
- Feel supported and learn new ways to manage stress
- Identify as a person who does not smoke or vape and give yourself credit for what you have achieved
What will this cost?
GV Health’s quit smoking and vaping service is provided at low cost. We ensure our services are affordable by offering a fee structure that varies depending on your ability to pay. In some circumstances fees can be waivered for clients experiencing financial difficulty.
Who is GV Health’s quit smoking service available to?
GV Health’s quit smoking and vaping service is available to all people in the community aged over 18 years.
How do I access GV Health’s quit smoking service?
Clients can refer themselves or be referred by their GP or treating team. Appointments can be face-to-face, via telehealth or phone. For more information or to make an appointment, call 1800 222 582.