Do you have a long-term health condition? Are you finding it hard to make changes in your life? Would you like to increase your knowledge and skills to manage your health? Need a supportive health worker to guide and motivate you? GV Health’s health coaches can help you.
What can I expect from my health coaching appointment?
To learn self-management skills, such as:
- Developing healthy lifestyle choices such as keeping active, making better food/drink choices, managing stress and quitting smoking
- Increasing your health knowledge
- Identifying your health goals eg: what is important to you?
- Developing a ‘Healthy Goals Action Plan’ with your health coach
- Problem-solving skills for when things don’t go to plan
- Scheduling regular appointments to review your action plan
- Connecting you to other helpful services
- Focusing on the present, not the past
- Emotional support on your journey
- Recognising your own success
What will this cost?
GV Health’s health coaching service is provided at low cost. We ensure our services are affordable by offering a fee structure that varies depending on your ability to pay. In some circumstances fees can be waivered for clients experiencing financial difficulty.
Who are GV Health’s health coaching services available to?
GV Health’s health coaching service is available to people aged 18+yrs based on assessment.
How do I access GV Health’s health coaching service?
Clients can refer themselves or be referred by their GP or treating team. Appointments can be face-to-face, via telehealth or phone. We also offer a variety of group activities. For more information or to make an appointment, call 1800 222 582.