GV Health’s Hospital Admission Risk Programs – Disease Management Team (HARP-DMT) aims to improve the quality of life for people with chronic heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by supporting them to manage their disease at home.
Care is provided by a multidisciplinary team who, where possible, visit clients in their home. A range of supports are available:
- Nurses provide nursing support and self-management education.
- Physiotherapists develop appropriate exercise programs aimed at maintaining the patient’s optimal exercise function.
- Occupational Therapists support patients in a range of ways including energy conservation strategies, cognitive assessment and functional assessment.
- Dietitians provides assessment, education and dietary self-management strategies.
- Social Workers provide assessment, education and support to patients and their families.
Who is HARP-DMT available to?
HARP-DMT is available to people who reside in the Moira, Strathbogie and Greater Shepparton Shires who have a diagnosis of chronic heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How do I access HARP-DMT?
Access to HARP-DMT can be from a range of sources including General Practitioner (GP)., specialist or self-referral from the patient. For more information, call 1800 222 582