GV Health’s Diabetes Centre provides clinical care, education and support for people in the Greater Shepparton, Strathbogie and Moira areas living with diabetes.
The centre offers individual consultations as well as a range of services and specialist clinics for people with complex and complicated diabetes. The clinic is staffed by a team of highly qualified specialist clinicians including endocrinologists, medical officers, diabetes nurse practitioners, credentialed diabetes educators, dietitians, podiatrists and team assistants.
- Assessment and advice for GV Health inpatients with diabetes
- Shared care with General Practitioners (GPs), obstetricians, endocrinologists and other medical staff in stabilising clients with Type 1, Type 2 or Gestational Diabetes
- Small group and individual consultations for expectant mothers who have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes
- Support for paediatric patients with diabetes
Specialist clinics include:
- Multidisciplinary diabetes clinic for patients with complex and complicated diabetes
- Nurse practitioner advanced assessment clinic
- Diabetes in pregnancy clinic
- Paediatric multidisciplinary clinic
- Insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring system clinic
- High risk foot clinic
The Diabetes Centre also provides staff development and education sessions for health workers and carers on many topics related to diabetes management, as well as consultancy and support to in-patients and community-based clients.
The Centre is open 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Who is GV Diabetes Centre available to?
GV Diabetes Centre is available to inpatients, outpatients who have been referred from a clinical service within GV Health and people in the community who are referred to GV Health’s outpatient services.