GV Health’s Graduate Nurse Program offers you the opportunity to practice in a safe supportive environment that will facilitate your transition from students nurse to a confident practicing registered nurse.
We recruit over 50 graduates each year with half of the group commencing in January and the other half in February. Each graduate will complete three four-month rotations across our various campuses, with support provided by Clinical Area Educators, Clinical Support nurse and Preceptors.
Our highly supported program offers many learning and development opportunities including:
- Five Graduate nurse study days with the focus of the days on the needs of the group, topics that have been covered in the past include non-invasive ventilation, basic ECG interpretation and wound care
- Minimum of one specialty rotation
- Dedicated supernumerary days for each rotation with extra supernumerary time given to those working in specialty areas
- Ongoing permanent contracts post probationary period
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular debrief sessions with other Graduate Nurses
- Access to regular feedback from Clinical Area Educators, Clinical Support Nurses, Nurse Unit Managers and Preceptors.
Rotations offered to graduates:
- Surgical ward
- Medical ward
- Sub- Acute/ Palliative care unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Department
- Day Procedure Unit
- Specialist Consulting Suite
- Child and Adolescent Unit
- Special Care Nursery
- District Nursing
- Outlying hospital rotations
- Mental Health
We pride ourselves on our high retention of nurses on completion of their graduate program. We endeavor to ensure that nurses are placed in their preferred area of work and ensure that ongoing educational opportunities are provided, for example enrolment into First Line Emergency Care, Resus4kids and Advanced Life Support.
Further education opportunities are available through post graduate studies. GV Health is affiliated with universities in the area to provide post graduate studies to people who are interested. These include but are not limited to:
- Rural Critical Care
- Palliative Care
For more information, contact GV Health’s Graduate Nurse Coordinator on (03) 5823 8624 or at firstname.lastname@example.org