Would you like to cut back or quit smoking? Is smoking costing you a fortune? Are you worried about your health? Not sure where to start? GV Health’s Quit Smoking Educators can help you.
What can I expect from my appointment?
Your Quit Smoking Educator will help you to:
- Develop a plan to help you quit smoking
- Learn about nicotine replacement products and medications available via prescription from your doctor
- Understand why you smoke
- Look at your past attempts as positive and understand that change takes time
- Connect to other services as needed
- Get back on track if things don’t go to plan
- Feel supported and learn new ways to manage stress
- Identify as a non-smoker and give yourself credit for what you have achieved
What will this cost?
GV Health’s quit smoking service is provided at low cost. We ensure our services are affordable by offering a fee structure that varies depending on your ability to pay. In some circumstances fees can be waive for clients experiencing financial difficulty.
Who is GV Health’s quit smoking service available to?
GV Health’s quit smoking service is available to all people in the community aged over 18 years.
How do I access GV Health’s quit smoking service?
Clients can refer themselves or be referred by their GP or treating team. Appointments can be face-to-face, in a group setting, or via phone. For more information or to make an appointment, call 1800 222 582.