The Goulburn Valley Health Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life of residents across the region through supporting GV Health services.
Its key purpose is fundraising for GV Health – to assist with the provision of medical equipment and other capital needs, to attract research funding and to raise funds for educational opportunities that will enhance services provided to the community.
GV Health Foundation is supported by community groups, service clubs, hospital auxiliaries, support groups, local businesses, philanthropic organisations and trusts, volunteers and individual community members who give generously to enhance health services in the Goulburn Valley.
Some recent examples of fundraising efforts include:
- Events held to raise funds for cancer support services – including the High Tea for Oncology.
- The ‘Give me 5 for kids’ appeal in conjunction with 95 3SR FM to support the children’s ward.
- Corporate sponsorship for mental health services.
- Mother’s Day lunch supporting the neonatal unit with premature babies.
- Community events such as the Teal Ribbon breakfast Pink Ribbon fundraisers.
- Auxiliaries and community donations supporting capital projects such as the Mary Coram facility and providing equipment – to assist patients with rehabilitation.
The Foundation appreciates the generous support of the community.
Board of Trustees
The Foundation is chaired by Mr Ross McPherson and he is supported by trustees Ms Suzanna Sheed, Dr John McKellar, Mr John Gaylard, Mrs Alice Tallis, Mr Graham Hofmeyer and Ms Rebecca Woolstencroft.
The trustees are nominated independently and their nominations are endorsed by the GV Health Board of Directors.
The Goulburn Valley Base Hospital Foundation was established in 1988 following the successful public appeal to build a new children’s ward. Over time the funds have grown and the Foundation has been able to donate almost $1 million back to the hospital for the benefit of children in the Goulburn Valley.
In 2010 the Foundation Board of Trustees resolved to broaden its support for all the clinical, community services and programs provided by Goulburn Valley Health. The Foundation was relaunched as the Goulburn Valley Health Foundation.
In 2011 the Foundation successfully conducted the $1.3 million public appeal for the new oncology unit at GV Health.
The Foundation continues to raise much needed funds to support GV Health and the community to ensure that vital medical equipment and services are provided.
For more information please contact GV Health Foundation Director, Carmel Johnson on (03) 5832 2192.