Rural Allied Health Team

The team provides services to frail older people, people with a disability and their carers, at home or in the community.

Nutrition and Dietetics

Promoting good nutrition and enjoyment of eating
Dietitians can help you make decisions about what you eat for general health and specific conditions, e.g. bowel issues, neurological disorders, wound healing, unintentional weight loss and osteoporosis.  They can also help build shopping, food budgeting and cooking skills.

Occupational Therapy

Improving your safety & independence at home and in the community.
Occupational Therapists can help improve your independence with daily tasks such as household, personal care and leisure activities.  They can also provide advice regarding home safety by recommending bathroom and toilet aids or home modifications such as the installation of rails or steps.


Keeping your body moving
Physiotherapists can help you to maintain strong muscles and bones so you can be as active and independent as possible.  They also assist with balance and walking problems and provide advice regarding falls prevention.  A home exercise program is often prescribed and where needed advice is provided on walking aids.


Supporting you to take care of your own feet
Podiatrists can help in the management of foot and lower leg conditions including wounds, pain, nail and skin problems.  They can also help people with Diabetes and Rheumatoid arthritis who are at greater risk of foot problems. (The service does not provide ongoing maintenance of nails, corns and calluses).

Social Work

Supporting your health and wellbeing
Social Workers can help you to resolve personal and practical difficulties. This may be during times of change in personal situations which impact on health and well-being. They provide practical ideas, counselling, information, emotional support and also offer assistance to carers. They can also link you with community support networks, resources and support groups.

Speech Pathology

Supporting community participation and safe swallowing
Speech Pathologists can help with swallowing, communication, problem solving and memory needs.  This may include eating and drinking difficulties due to swallowing problems.  They can also assist if you have difficulties talking, slurred speech or stuttering and can recommend aids such as communication boards or speech generated devices to help your communication.

Click here for more information about The Rural Allied Health Team