GV Health’s Home Care Package provider is Community Interlink. Home Care Packages provide help at home to assist you to remain living independently for as long as possible, and to have the choice and flexibility in the way that care and support is provided at home.
Our Home Care Packages are delivered across the Hume, Loddon, Mallee, and Riverina/NSW Regions.
Home Care Packages are funded by the Australian government and are for frail older people. In some cases, younger people with disabilities, dementia or special needs may be able to access a Home Care Package.
There are four Levels of Home Care Package:
Home Care Level 1 – designed to support people with basic care needs;
Home Care Level 2 – designed to support people with low level care needs;
Home Care Level 3 – designed to support people with intermediate care needs;
Home Care Level 4 – designed to support people with high care needs.
Bernice and Norm’s Story
Consumer Directed Care
Consumer Directed Care (CDC) means you make the choices about the types of care and services that you wish to receive within the scope of the program.
Together, Community Interlink staff will work with you to identify your goals. We will develop a Care Plan to suit your individual needs.
What can my Home Care Package provide?
Examples of care and services which may be included as part of your care plan:
What Home Care Packages May Provide
Examples of care and services which may NOT be purchased with your package:
Home Care Program Restrictions
How do I know if I’m eligible?
- Packages are available to older, frail aged people who wish to remain living at home for as long as possible.
- Packages offer care and support services to people who may need assistance with personal care, and everyday living activities and wish to continue to participate in the community.
- Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) determine who is eligible for a Home care Package. If eligible, they will assist people and their carers to work out what level of care will best meet their needs.
Are there any fees?
- The Commonwealth Government subsidises the Home Care Packages. Care-recipients are asked to pay a fortnightly fee.
- For seniors on the maximum basic rate of pension, fees must not exceed 17.5% of that pension.
- Fees will be worked out individually depending on your financial situation.
To be eligible for a Home Care Package, a person needs to be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS).
The person must:
- Have needs that can only be met by a co-ordinated package of care services;
- Be eligible to receive at least low level residential care (for Home Care Levels 1 or 2) or high level residential care (for Home Care Levels 3 and 4). Residential care refers to long-term care which may be in a variety of settings such as a nursing home, supported or assisted living complexes and hostels.
- Be able to remain living at home with the support of a Home Care Package.
Secure electronic messaging Connecting Care or BETTI
Phone: 1800 222 582
Fax: (03) 5822 2584