“Health Research in the Bush”
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND REGISTRATION, GV HEALTH’S 2ND ANNUAL HEALTH RESEARCH FAIR
19 and 20 October 2017, the Eastbank Centre, Shepparton
In collaboration with the proposed Goulburn Valley Regional Research Consortium
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION AND FAIR REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
THE TOPICS AND THEMES FOR ABSTRACTS INCLUDE
- Issues relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander’s health and wellbeing
- Chronic non-communicable diseases (eg: cancer, diabetes, nutrition & obesity and cardiovascular diseases)
- Nursing & Allied health hot topics for rural areas
- Mental illness hot topics for rural areas
- Child health hot topics for rural areas
- Dental health
- Road Traffic Accidents – Head injuries
- Regional workforce retention in health and hospitals: a crisis?
- Other health related areas
- Health consumers perspective and/or experiences
Each abstract must be limited to a maximum of 300 words excluding title and author details. Study title with author’s name, author’s affiliation, and presenting author’s detail including full name, affiliation, postal, telephone and email address should follow the body of the abstract.
Please confirm your preference either ORAL or POSTER PRESENTATION.
YOUR ABSTRACT MAY BE IN THE FORM OF RESEARCH AND AUDIT and should be constructed with the headings Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions. Please do not use references in the abstract.
CASE REPORTS/CASE STUDIES should be constructed with the heading as Background, The Case Discussion and Conclusion.
RESEARCH PROPOSAL/IDEAS/PROGRAMS should be constructed with the headings as Background, Aims and Objectives, Methods and Expected Outcomes.
Please submit Abstracts to MdRafiqul.Islam@gvhealth.org.au, no later than Tuesday 15th August 2017 AND Register for the Event on or before 31 August Via (including presenters)
SUCCESSFUL ABSTRACTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EARLY SEPTEMBER 2017
For further information please contact:
A/Prof Vasu Iyengar, DCD, Women’s and Children’s Health, GV Health OR Dr. Md Rafiqul Islam, Director of Research, GV Health via 03 58310035