Goulburn Valley Health Board Chair, Rebecca Woolstencroft said she was looking forward to delivering exceptional health facilities and giving the people of the Goulburn Valley and the surrounding regions access to high quality health care at the Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday 27 November.
“This year has been significant for GV Health with work commencing on the $171 million Shepparton redevelopment and the $10 million Waranga campus redevelopment at Rushworth.
“Work is also ongoing on the Master Plan for the next stage of the redevelopment at the Graham Street Shepparton site and a Feasibility Study has recently been completed regarding an Integrated Cancer Centre,” Ms Woolstencroft said.
Ms Woolstencroft also added a new strategic plan for GV Health will be launched in early 2019.
GV Health Chief Executive, Matt Sharp said the health service has continued to improve across all areas while providing quality services to the Goulburn Valley community.
“GV Health is committed to providing excellent care to the community and enhancing patient experiences. We have made some ground in the past 12 months and we will be working hard to make further improvements in the coming 12 months.
“Our patients’ are at the centre of everything we do and we are focused on our continual improvement. We will continue to work hard to ensure communities across the Goulburn Valley and beyond have access to the wide range of quality services it deserves for not only today, but for the future,” Mr Sharp said.
Mr Sharp also noted GV Health will be seeking to improve the wellbeing of staff and providing a positive workplace.
Several GV Health staff was recognised at the AGM with the following awards:
- Ward Clerk Maternity Services Donna Lewis – Board Chair Award for Excellence in Customer Service (Individual).
- Environmental Services Team – Board Chair Award for Excellence in Customer Service (Team).
- Mental Health Case Manager Casey Thompson – CE Award for Living the Values (Individual).
- Haemodialysis Department – CE Award for Living the Values (Team).
- Pharmacy Technician Joanne Boschetti – OH&S Representative of the Year.
- Palliative Care Consultant Annette Cudmore – Patient Centred Care Award.
- Director of Nursing & Midwifery Cathy Scott (Support Careers Day)– Excellence in Consumer Participation in Quality Improvement Award.
Former Richmond footballer and Essendon senior recruiting manager, Merv Keane was the guest speaker, who addressed the very important issue of mental health and wellbeing among health care workers.