About GV Health
GV Health is the main referral health service for the Hume region. Our services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, Surgery, Medical Services, Women’s and Children’s Services, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care, Mental Health, Outpatients, services at Tatura and Rushworth, and community-based health programs.
We pride ourselves on delivering patient-centered care and we aim to enhance the patient experience through improved service access, developing partnerships, meeting growth in demand, implementing innovative service models and ensuring workforce flexibility.
About out Graduate Nurse Program
GVHealth Graduate Nurse Program offers you the opportunity to practice in a safe supportive environment that will facilitate your transition from students nurse to a confident practicing registered nurse.
We recruit over 50 graduates each year with half of the group commencing in January and the other half in February. Each graduate will complete 3 X 4 month rotations across our various campuses, with support provided by Clinical Area Educators, Clinical Support nurse and Preceptors.
Our highly supported program offers many learning and development opportunities including:
- Five Graduate nurse study days with the focus of the days on the needs of the group, topics that have been covered in the past include non-invasive ventilation, basic ECG interpretation and wound care.
- Minimum of one specialty rotation
- Dedicated supernumerary days for each rotation with extra supernumerary time given to those working in specialty areas
- Ongoing permanent contracts post probationary period
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular debrief sessions with other Graduate Nurses
- Access to regular feedback from Clinical Area Educators, Clinical Support Nurses, Nurse Unit Managers and Preceptors.
Rotations offered to graduates:
- Surgical ward
- Medical ward
- Sub- Acute/ Palliative care unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Department
- Day Procedure Unit
- Specialist Consulting Suite
- Child and Adolescent Unit
- Special Care Nursery
- District Nursing
- Outlying hospital rotations
- Mental Health
Information sessions will be run both face to face and virtually this year.
Face to face sessions:-
31st May 1100-1200
2nd June 1600-1700
31st May 1600-1700 Meeting ID: 833 7811 8898 Passcode: 101087
- Register with Computer match- http://computermatching.pmcv.com.au. This opens on the 4th
- Register with GVHealth eRecruit and apply through the Graduate Nurse Program advertisement- https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/GoulburnValley/Register.aspx
The following documents will be required to be attached to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Clinical referees
- Two most recent acute clinical appraisals
- Certified copy of Academic Transcript
We pride ourselves on our high retention of nurse’s post their graduate program. We endeavor to ensure that nurses are placed in their preferred area of work and ensure that ongoing educational opportunities are provided, for example enrolment into First Line Emergency Care, Resus4kids and Advanced Life Support.
Further education opportunities are available through post graduate studies. GVHealth is affiliated with universities in the area to provide post graduate studies to people who are interested. These include but not limited to:
- Rural Critical Care
- Palliative Care
Graduate Nurse Co- ordinator