How to Make a Clinical Audit Application at GV Health (Internal Applicants)?
The auditor must go through the following processes prior to submit a Clinical Audit Application at GV Health.
- The auditor should have a clear quality improvement ‘research/audit’ question. If they don’t have an audit/research question, they may either discuss for such a question/topic with their clinical supervisor or the Director of Research
- The auditor should have adequate discussion within the Department including the Head of the Department and the Research and Ethics Department
- The auditor must complete the following Audit/QA Application Form with adequate background information with reference, when applicable; audit/QA methodologies includes a sample estimate, data reviewing period including an estimated duration of audit; data recording and their management and analysis, and dissemination plan
- The auditor must sign the Audit/QA Application Form and organize signing by their Head of the Department
- In addition to the Audit/QA Application Form, the auditor must complete the following ‘Data Request Form’ and sign
- The auditor may submit the scanned copies of the forms or can submit the original signed hard copies to the Research and Ethics Department for internal review
- The auditor should at least two weeks for an application outcome
- The auditor will be notified the outcomes after reviewing their application
- If the application is approved, the auditor must show a copy of the approval letter and the approved data request form to the Health Information Management Department for required data or data access
- The auditor must submit a final report of the audit to the Research and Ethics Department after completion of the audit and within the given time frame outlined in the approval letter
The Goulburn Valley Health Ethics and Research committee acts as a committee of review for research conducted at Goulburn Valley Health. The Committee’s primary role is to protect the welfare and rights of participants in research. As part of this, it is the responsibility of the Ethics and Research Committee to review new research proposals, monitor existing research previously approved by the Committee and maintain a register of all research projects. The Committee operates in accordance with the National Health and Medical Research Council National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Research Involving Humans.
For all other HREC related information and forms, visit How to make an HREC application.
The Human Research Ethics Application (HREA) form replaces the National Ethics Application Form (NEAF). For more information, please visit https://hrea.gov.au. Anyone can create and access the online forms via https://au.ethicsform.org
The Committee has elected to follow guidelines for Ethics applications provided by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and will accept applications for all internal and external applications on forms which can be accessed via the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website. http://www.health.vic.gov.au/ethics
Application for approval of a single site project which is only to be carried out at GV Health should also be made by via the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website. http://www.health.vic.gov.au/ethics/single/index.htm
The Committee meets every second month, except for the December meeting. The Committee accepts online or scanned online forms with all supporting documents. An original signed copy of the application with all supporting documents is also acceptable, or one electronic signed copy including all relevant supporting documents must be received two weeks prior to the meeting. No late applications will be considered.
For more information about GV Health’s Research and Ethics, please contact:
Office of Research and Ethics via email: email@example.com
HREC Full Committee meeting Dates for 2019
22 February 2019
5 April 2019
21 June 2019
16 August 2019
11 October 2019
15 November 2019
HREC Sub-Committee Dates for 2019
21 March 2019
16 May 2019
18 July 2019
19 September 2019
7 November 2019
* Please note that the Committee may request an ethics or research governance fee for new project applications, to be determined by the Committee upon review of the project application, particularly if the application is in receipt of funding. A fee waiver or reduction may be considered after receiving a formal application addressing to the Chair, HREC, GV Health in two weeks from the date of receiving the final outcome letter.